“Your body is the temporary temple of your Spirit. What you keep around you in the extended temple of your home needs to change as you change and grow, so that it reflects who you are. So get into the habit of leaving a trail of discarded clutter in your wake, and start to think of it as a sign of your progression!” – Karen Kingston
We’ve all been guilty of it…hanging on to something for so long that we don’t know why we have it anymore. As we make our way to Earth Day this year, I want to remind you that decluttering your closet can be one of the ways you work towards developing a green closet. There are many personal and societal benefits to decluttering and sustainable fashion, something that we feel strongly about at Stretchery as we have made it our mission to provide socially responsible and sustainable active wear.
Benefits of Decluttering:
- The more you have the more energy you have to put towards maintaining ALL those things, keeping you from putting energy into relationships and what you are passionate about.
- Cleaning out your closet gives you the opportunity to give back to your community. Set a pile aside for items you can donate to community organizations, homeless shelters or the Salvation Army.
- Decluttering allows you to focus on the most current version of yourself. Make an active decision to let go of things that no longer represent who you are and who you want to be.
Benefits of Sustainable Fashion:
- When you buy organic, sustainable and eco-friendly fashion items you know that you’re not only buying a quality product, but it was made in a way that is better for the environment.
- Buying fair trade products also supports smaller and local businesses that share the same passion for quality products as you.
- It’s better for you! Standard dyes have high levels of carcinogens, that’s why at Stretchery we only use eco-friendly dyes on our products.
We know that taking the first steps towards decluttering and cleaning out your closet can be hard, so make it fun! Find friends to declutter with and when you find those gems in your closet that you don’t wear anymore but know your friends would love set up a trade night!
Starting with your closet is also a good way to set goals for other areas of decluttering in your life. View this as an opportunity to start making the changes you’ve always wanted to make!
At Stretchery, we support clean lifestyles and sustainable clothing and we want to help you work towards your goal of establishing a green closet so we are making a special offer that can be found just on this blog post! Please use SPECIAL OFFER CODE GREEN when you check out to receive 10% discount. Enjoy!